Sunday, March 7

A Brother?

On our way home from daycare on Friday, Maya and I were in a deep conversation.  It started with a discussion of her day.  I usually ask which kids were at school, what she ate, and if she was good, etc.  Then are discussion turned and I'm not exactly sure how.  We were talking about her friend Noah and Noah's brother Cole. 

I then asked Maya "Do you want a brother?"  Her reply "Yes".  She then said she wanted us to take Makenna back to Ethiopia and bring home a brother.  She continued saying Grandma (Julie) would then come to stay with her while we are in Ethiopia.  If you recall, my mother did come and did stay with Maya while we were in Ethiopia.

My response to Maya was "You do not want her baby sister to go back to Ethiopia because you love her and she is apart of our family".  Maya didn't agree and thought Makenna should return to Ethiopia.  This continued all the way home.  I told Dave about our discussion and we talked to Maya some more.  We have agreed that Makenna will not return to Ethiopia and Maya agreed she wants a sister and a brother.  We'll see about a brother as two girls are enough for now!

Kids seem to say the craziest things in the most adorable way!  I love this girl.

3 comments:

Kimberley said...

Maya is a smart girl, brothers are A LOT of fun (though not as fun as sisters ;) )

Jon said...

Olivia's told us before that she wanted Rachel to die. Of course two minutes later she loves her again. Three year olds...

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Too cute!! You better get started on that paperwork girl. LOL.