I had a few goals for myself while I have been home and I feel pretty good about what I have achieved. My goals:
- spend quality time with Makenna - done!
- pull off a fun 3rd birthday for Maya - done!
- complete my digital photo book of our trip - done!
- send out baby announcements - done!
- have professional photos taken of the girls - done!
- create adoption video - not done :(
- finally finish Maya's 1 year book - not done :(
- complete some painting projects around the house - not done :(
Considering my #1 priority was getting to know Makenna and adjusting to a family of 4, I think I did okay. So what if some things on my list didn't get done. It doesn't mean they won't ever get done just not right now.
I will miss spending my days with Makenna but I am excited to get back to the job I love and to see all my co-workers again. Another transition for us and we can do it. I have faith!


























2 comments:
Good luck with your transition. I will be thinking of you. I am sure that your girls will do just fine with the change...hang in there, I know it is super hard to go back to work!!!
***I have a question about the Korah visit you made when you were in Ethiopia...did you have contacts there when you visited? I would love to spend some time there when we travel...Thanks!
Oh best of luck to you tomorrow. I can only imagine how hard that will be for you. I ran an in home daycare for a very long time and I saw lots of mamas have to leave their babies for the first time. It is hard but it will be fine.
The most important thing you did during your time was bond with your sweet baby girl. It is all that matters.
Post a Comment