Tuesday, March 2

my first day back - not so bad

Last night I had a terrible headache, took some Tylenol PM, and went to bed early.  I was hoping for a good night sleep but I found myself awake at 2:15 am.  I then tossed and turned until I finally got out of bed. 

During my restless sleep, I dreamt my desk at work was moved into a closet.  On my first day back I was sitting in this closet and my co-worker who has been covering for me came in with his laptop.  He sat across the table from me and was just pissed.  All of a sudden another co-worker came in and she started to yell at me.  I have no idea why and I have no idea what she said.  I honestly have no idea why I dreamt this but Dave got a good chuckle as it reminded him of the episode on the Office where Dwight moved Ryan's desk into the closet or was that Jim that moved it?  I am happy to report my first morning back went well and no one yelled at me or moved my desk. 

I am at home now for lunch and it seems weird being here without Makenna.  I cried again this morning saying good-bye to her.  Everything will be fine and I'll be fine.  I just need a few days to adjust. 

6 comments:

Evan said...

It was Jim that moved Ryan's desk! Glad to hear that you are doing okay - Evan and I are thinking about you!

Kimberly O. said...

I am glad to hear you did not end up in the closet :P I am also glad you had a decent day back at work--you will be back in a routine in no time!! :) *hugs*

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Love your post from today!! You crack me up girl. Each day will get better and easier for you..rountine is good...just keep saying that in your head..it's good for the entire family:) Hang in there...man, your dream still has me laughing!! Too funny.......have a super day tomorrow:)

Upstatemamma said...

Well, at least your desk is not in a closet - that is a big plus!! :) Everything will be fine. Routine changes take a little while to get back to but once you are you will all be very happy. *hugs*

JourneyToNumberThree said...

I'll be right where you are at on the 15th. I hope and pray each day gets better and better for you ((hugs))

Ronnie and Suzi said...

Hoping it's getting more bearable each day! Now you know why I never went back...I don't have the guts! That and I actually did have an office in a closet...got to love Trinity! Ughh! Although that was an upgrade from my original office which was in a patient room. Yep...try getting work done when they have to use your office to 'see' patients!